Why Your Business Needs a Blog
If the idea is to build your digital presence, an excellent blog is a perfect way to do just that for most businesses.
The thing is, just as content marketing is not merely a marketing campaign but more an ongoing mindset, your blog, too, is more significant than one content type or mere words.Your blog is both a business hub and a business driverClick To Tweet
A lot of marketers, analytics geeks, content creators, ad and pr agencies, website and app developers, alike, are stressing a slew of things deemed to be essential content marketing tasks.
They emphasize you seek things like SEO and SERP advantages, rankings and authority measures, organic traffic, backlinks, and more, and I agree these do factor enormously into digital marketing.
There’s Something Besides Google
Start with something less elusive, especially at the beginning of your digital journey.
Concentrate on flesh and bones—the most critical component—by taking a look from a human perspective. The human you call a customer that is.
Sure, we all want Google to like us but, what we probably need and want more is a customer. A buyer. A client. A person we can connect to and work with and establish a mutually beneficial business relationship.
That’s why looking at your content marketing strategy and blog objectives require finding a way to incorporate user experience (UX) into your overall plan. Remember, your customers ARE your brand.Content marketing is not merely a marketing campaign but more an ongoing mindset.Click To Tweet
Your Blog is Your Content Hub and User Activity Center
Having a business blog can be oh so good for your business in oh so many ways. So I give you my top thirteen reasons to consider if you’re thinking about starting, or improving, a blog for business.
The word blog is kind of weird don’t you think? It’s so unusual that at first, I wanted to call my blog page something more important like “articles” or “writing,” maybe.
Some people think of a blog as synonymous with “website.” Others think of it as a diary, a trendy way for anyone and everyone to share their thoughts openly online.
But a blog is so much more than imagined. It’s honestly a must for any business with a digital presence. It’s both a business hub and a business driver.
Your blog helps you connect with customers and prospects. It helps you give people a way to get to know about your product or services. And, it gives you an open for business area available 24/7 for people to visit your business.Your blog is your content hub and user activity center.Click To Tweet
One of the things I love about business blogs is yours is unique to you. As a content hub, your blog offers the ability for you to offer any types of content or any media mix to serve your audience best.
Your blog is the most dynamic part of your website so, fill it with valuable content resources. But, feel free to experiment with content formats to find what resonates most with customers and visitors to your site.
Producing a quality blog takes time. But, regarding time, a blog can’t remain stagnant, requiring the need for consistent fresh content. Original, popping content, of course. Content that connects with people.
13 Reasons for You to Have a Business Blog:
1. A blog is an excellent way to market your business.
2. Your blog is a tool for customers to learn about your products/services, 24/7.
3. Use a blog to showcase business stories and share interesting and useful information, topics, and ideas.
4. A blog lets you broadcast company or product updates, upcoming events, or news.
5. A quality blog increases your credibility and authority in your industry.
6. Without a blog, your competitors (with one) are getting ahead of you.
7. A business blog allows you a space to educate people on your expertise or industry.Having a business blog can be oh so good for your business in oh so many ways. Here's a list of 13 reasons to have a business blog!Click To Tweet
8. Increase brand awareness and initiate a positive image of your business with your blog.
9. Promoting your blog content brings new traffic to your website and increases reach.
10. A blog helps you build community and acts as an activity hub for your business.
11. Offering fresh and creative content on your blog, consistently, brings return visits, so you stay in front of people.
12. An engaging blog helps you stay relevant, appealing to customers, giving your brand a personality and voice.
13. With a business blog, you have unlimited potential to connect with your target audience, using a rich mix of mediums to speak directly to them.
Need Help Blinging Your Business Blog?
If you need help with planning your blog content strategy to align with your bigger business and marketing objectives while connecting with your target audience needs, let me know. Clear web copy, focused content categories, quality content creation published with a strategic approach, and meticulous editing are only the beginning components for a top-notch blog. I’d love to help with yours:)
Content assets are only resources for customers or your business if they have a specific purpose, translating to new business and a positive brand image. Ready to take your business blog higher? Yep, I thought so!
What are your ideas about having a business blog and embracing a content marketing mindset for your business?